5.2.1-release iso images broken?

Olaf Hoyer ohoyer at gaff.hhhr.ision.net
Fri Mar 12 11:23:57 PST 2004

On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 scion+fbsdq at webrelay.net wrote:

> I've been trying to boot up a Compaq 1850.  Aside from it hanging
> on booting I noticed that I was booting with 5.2.1-RC, not -release
> So, d/l the latest iso and now the darned machine won't boot from
> the 5.2.1-release cds at all.  Doesn't even see them.  I've booted
> this machine up on 3 or 4 different linuxen, Fbsd4.9, Solaris 8,
> even openDarwin 7.  I've burned several cds of 5.2.1-release-mininst
> but no joy.

Hi!

Well, I also had once a 1850 as monitoring server, and well, I got the
newer version with P III-500 CPU, not the old one with PII-CPUs.

Was no big joy, I suspect that there are some things lurking around
regarding Compaqs special treatment of register mapping et al.

I had mine running then with 4.8, and well, it worked...

Just my 0.02 Eurocent....

Olaf

Olaf Hoyer        ohoyer at gaff.hhhr.ision.net
Fuerchterliche Erlebniss geben zu raten,
ob der, welcher sie erlebt, nicht etwas Fuerchterliches ist.
(Nietzsche, Jenseits von Gut und Boese)