OT: Cable management

Jorn Argelo jorn at wcborstel.nl
Sat Jun 26 09:36:31 PDT 2004

Bill Sawyer wrote:

>Hey all,
>
>I need to come up with a good solution for managing cables.  Basically, I've got a $500 budget, and about 26 systems to deal with.  I have ten wires that I'll be dealing with.  The PC sits on top of the desktop, and cables are fed through a hole in the desk to a power strip on the ground.  All the peripherals are also on the desk, and those wires are haphazardly spilling out behind the computer.
>
>I know my verbal description won't necessarily help too much when it comes to picking a solution, but I'd like to hear what products and solutions any of you use.  Any ideas will be helpful.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Bill Sawyer
>Information Systems
>Six Flags St. Louis
>(636) 938-5300 x. 231

Hi Bill,

I got a similair problem as you have. Since my sister is moving out of
the house I am moving over to her room. Now I reckoned that I should
just hang a big cable gutter (gutter, pipe, or however you call those
things) right below my desk, and _hopefully_ all the network cables and
cables for three PCs fit right in there. If they don't fit all, too bad
then, but at least I got a bunch cables away from sight.

Anyway, I hope this can help you a bit.

Cheers,

Jorn