no joy is mudville--so far.

Gary Kline kline at tao.thought.org
Thu Jul 8 18:53:30 PDT 2004

	Folks,

	Maybe somebody on-list can clue me in on what to try next.
	I am trying to switch from an older DNS server to a newer,
	beefier one.  The newer one has 5l.2; the older box has 4.8

	I have switched over /etc from the older to the newer,
	(I made the required changes [pam.d, and whatever else].
	I am using /etc/named/* unchanged.  I installed dhcpd and
	even copied over dhcp.conf and the new isc-* whatever is
	/usr/local/etc/rc.d/.

	I can ping from the new server as well as this server (tao);
	but mail in my new DNS server gets hung up.  Oh: also,
	when  I try to reboot tao.thought.org, sendmail hangs forever.
	--Or at least it seems.)

	I have power-cycled both my IDSL router and the switch/(was-hub).
	It looks like things-DNS are working.  Things-sendmail seem
	broken (or *obviously* are).

	Does anybody have any ideas what I  should try next?

	thanks muchly, folks,

	gary

--
   Gary Kline     kline at thought.org   www.thought.org     Public service Unix