Apache log rotation problems

Graham North graham.north at telus.net
Thu Jul 8 19:30:16 PDT 2004

Hello all:

There has to be a simple fix to this problem - I am using newsyslog and cron
to rotate my Apache logfiles.    They get rotated and Apache keeps working
however after a log rotation takes place Apache will not longer log my
accesses.   It does continue to serve pages but I need to do an apachectl
restart in order for it to continue logging properly.

newsyslog.conf and crontab files are attached for reference.

Any help and suggestions greatly appreciated.
Regards,  Graham/