cardbus configuration from FreeBSD 4.9 to 5.2.1 RC2

Andrew L. Gould algould at datawok.com
Tue Feb 24 05:07:53 PST 2004

I have a Compaq Presario 910US that dual boots Win2K Pro and FreeBSD 4.9
STABLE.  I installed 5.2.1 RC2 on a spare hard drive this morning; but can't
get it to detect my wireless card (Linksys WPC11 v.3).  In FreeBSD 4.9, I got
my wireless card working by:

1. Commenting out the irq and io lines in /etc/defaults/pccard.conf

2. Adding the following lines to /etc/pccard.conf:
     debuglevel 4
     irq 4 7
     io 0x278-0x378

3. Adding the following line to /etc/rc.conf:
     pccard_enable="YES"

In FreeBSD 5.2.1 RC2:

1. I performed all of the steps described above for FreeBSD 4.9

2. I added the following line to /etc/rc.conf:
     devd_enable="YES"

Unfortunately, my wireless card is still not detected.  Here are some relevant
lines from dmesg:

cbb0: <TI1410 PCI-CardBus Bridge> mem 0xffbfe000-0xffbfefff at device 10.0 on
pci0
cardbus0: <CardBus bus> on cbb0
pccard0: <16-bit PCCard bus> on cbb0
pcib0: device has no interrupts
cbb: Unable to map IRQ...
device_probe_and_attach: cbb0 attach returned 12

Adding the following lines to /boot/device.hints and rebooting did not help:

hint.cbb.0.at="pci"
hint.cbb.0.irq="4"
hint.cbb.0.maddr="0x278"

I am still running the GENERIC kernel.