spam removal

David Brinegar david.brinegar at acm.org
Mon Feb 16 14:43:09 PST 2004

Gary defends qmail:
> It delivers a bounce called QSBMF, and to my knowledge is the only
> MTA that does.

Those messages are like idiot lights, without the brevity.  But
qmail is besides the point -- most bounce messages are pretty weak.
They work okay if the reader is computer literate.

I like the idea of referring to a web page, where you can make room
to properly explain things.  Especially for DNS blacklists, which
vary so much from group to group.

Who does it cost more to have long bounce messages?  ISPs or
spammers?  Anybody use tarpits with success? (eg. /usr/ports/spamd
or /usr/ports/qmail-ldap says it has a tarpit feature.)

--
David Brinegar
http://brinegar-computing.com