Can't login to 5.2-RC1, must hard reboot

Doug White dwhite at gumbysoft.com
Mon Feb 9 11:25:23 PST 2004

On Sat, 7 Feb 2004, sammy!!! wrote:

> I get the following error messages in my logfile, a lot.
>
> Feb  7 18:40:22 cooper sshd[806]: set class 'me' resource limit
> datasize: Operation not permitted
> Feb  7 18:40:22 cooper sshd[806]: set class 'me' resource limit
> stacksize: Operation not permitted
> Feb  7 18:40:22 cooper sshd[806]: set class 'me' resource limit
> maxproc: Operation not permitted
> Feb  7 18:40:22 cooper sshd[806]: set class 'me' resource limit
> openfiles: Operation not permitted

Looks like you've configured a custom login class (in /etc/login.conf),
and set the limits higher than you're allowed to as a user.  Check that
the limits set in /etc/login.conf are appropriate, then use cap_mkdb to
rebuild the database.

Considering you have an aac controller, you are probably hitting the
getblk off-by-one bug that Scott fixed the other day. Update your -current
or apply the patch from the lists.