alt and meta questions. (yes, again)

Johan Pettersson manlix at demonized.net
Fri Aug 13 14:01:33 PDT 2004

In the console alt and alt gr acts exactly the same. Shouldn't there be
some difference between ALT and ALT GR?

I hate to change window in irssi with ESC-number. So I searched the
mailinglist for some info on how to fix this. I found some mails and how
to change it. Changed lalt in my keymapfile to meta. Now alt works
properly in irssi. Almost. Alt + right or left cursorkey doesnt work.
Another thing is that I no longer can switch tty with alt + Fx. Why isnt
that binded to M-Fx instead of A-Fx so that things could work properly?
I don't want to change tty with ALT GR.
How is things intended to work?