PicoBSD create a http menu

Clayton Scott Kern ckern1 at twcny.rr.com
Fri Apr 16 17:04:34 PDT 2004

Have you looked into either m0n0wall (http://m0n0.ch/wall/) or m0n0bsd (http://m0n0.ch/bsd/).

I'm using m0n0wall with a Soekris net4801 and I plan to try m0n0bsd in the future.

on 04-17-2004, Sjaak Nabuurs wrote:
> Hello
>
> I would like to setup a small box for managing bandwith, firewall rules and more ... on a flash cards if possible 32Mb card
> A user must have to setup his setting like ip adres gateway and DNS and firewall rules and more
>
> Everything has to be small I dont want to install apache/perl/php.
> I like picoBSD and this looks nice to me.
>
> Does anybody give me a good hint how to setup a webserver menu. Just like many devices use for settings (routers/asdl modems .....) some devices use telnet for settings.
> How they work with not to have perl or php do they use bash or something like to have interaction between a webserver and settings
> I like to use the Boa webserver but how to get the settings from the webserver to example the /etc/rc.conf without perl or any programming language.
> Password management etc....
>
> I good hint on menu driven telnet/sh/bash  would be nice as well.
> Are there some examples for this, like passwd management.
>

> Cheers
>
> Sjaak

Clayton Scott Kern
ckern1 at twcny.rr.com            The software states that it
UNIX System Administrator      requires Microsoft Windows 95,
FreeBSD, OpenBSD, NetBSD,      Windows 98, Windows NT 4.0 or
Linux, Solaris, HP-UX          higher, so I installed FreeBSD.