Cannot perform make install

Trey Sizemore trey at fastmail.fm
Thu Nov 27 14:25:42 PST 2003

I have installed FreeBSD 5.1 on my laptop and have successfully
installed KDE and other apps by going to the appropriate ports directory
and performing a 'make install clean'.

However, when I tried to install nautilus by going to
/usr/ports/x11-fm/nautilus and typing 'make install clean' (without the
quotes, of course), I'm getting the following error:

make:  don't know how to make install. Stop

If I just use make, I get:

make:  no target to make.

Is this a problem with the make command?  Something I need to
reinstall?  I will provide any additional information, just wasn,t sure
what else to include.

Here is my uname -a output:

FreeBSD .america.net 5.1-RELEASE FreeBSD 5.1-RELEASE #0: Thu Jun  5
02:55:42 GMT  2003
root at wv1u.btc.adaptec.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC
i386

--
Cheers,
Trey

At a given moment I open my eyes and exist.
And before that, during all eternity, what was there?
Nothing.
- Ugo Betti