Cannot perform make install

Trey Sizemore trey at fastmail.fm
Thu Nov 27 15:02:51 PST 2003

On Thu, 2003-11-27 at 17:28, Trey Sizemore wrote:
> I have installed FreeBSD 5.1 on my laptop and have successfully
> installed KDE and other apps by going to the appropriate ports directory
> and performing a 'make install clean'.
>
> However, when I tried to install nautilus by going to
> /usr/ports/x11-fm/nautilus and typing 'make install clean' (without the
> quotes, of course), I'm getting the following error:
>
> make:  don't know how to make install. Stop
>
> If I just use make, I get:
>
> make:  no target to make.
>
> Is this a problem with the make command?  Something I need to
> reinstall?  I will provide any additional information, just wasn,t sure
> what else to include.
>
> Here is my uname -a output:
>
> FreeBSD .america.net 5.1-RELEASE FreeBSD 5.1-RELEASE #0: Thu Jun  5
> 02:55:42 GMT  2003
> root at wv1u.btc.adaptec.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC
> i386

I just successfully started a 'make install clean' with Evolution, but
can confirm that it does not work with nautilus or gedit. :-/

Why would this be?

--
Cheers,
Trey

Thieves respect property;
they merely wish the property to become their property
that they may more perfectly respect it.
-- G.K. Chesterton, "The Man Who Was Thursday"