how to map pfkeys to screen -r cmds

Marty Landman MLandman at face2interface.com
Sun Nov 16 05:58:55 PST 2003

At 04:13 AM 11/16/2003, Malcolm Kay wrote:

>I think you may have misunderstood the nature of the virtual terminals. What
>do you hope to do through ssh. The virtual terminal is relavent only to the
>local machine -- if pretends that there are 16 (or however many are set up)
>separate screens and keyboards and these share the real screen and
>keyboard by
>switching -- normally throgh the Alt-f? combination.

Ok Malcolm, I see what you mean. When ssh'g in the alt-f combo doesn't give
me a new screen but when on the master console it does.

Here's what I'd like... to have the most convenient way - w/o installing X
@ this time to have several sessions at once. Session may not be the right
word but still. The screen cmd is kind of close but the alt-f feature
you've explained seems much better, easier for me to use.

My workstation is where I've been working from, su root'ing when needed.
Besides letting me work on one monitor/keybd it also lets me copy/paste
from the workstation easily. But right now I've got the fbsd monitor on and
the keyboard behind me with 3 sessions running.

Nothing's perfect I guess. :) Thanks for helping me understand this.

Marty Landman   Face 2 Interface Inc 845-679-9387
Sign On Required: Web membership software for your site