Mozilla 1.5 errors [resolved?]

paul beard paulbeard at mac.com
Sun Nov 2 14:02:35 PST 2003

I reported some problems with building Mozilla [1.5] from ports,
specifically this one:

In file included from cppsetup.c:28:
def.h:29: X11/Xos.h: No such file or directory
def.h:30: X11/Xfuncproto.h: No such file or directory
gmake[2]: *** [host_cppsetup.o] Error 1
gmake[2]: Leaving directory
`/opt/ports/www/mozilla/work/mozilla/config/mkdepend'
gmake[1]: *** [export] Error 2
gmake[1]: Leaving directory
`/opt/ports/www/mozilla/work/mozilla/config'
gmake: *** [default] Error 2
*** Error code 2

I ended up tracking down what port owned Xos.h
[XFree86-4-libraries] and rebuilding/installing it. At that point,
Mozilla would build and install just fine.

However, it wouldn't run: it need libintl.so.4 and I have
libintl.so.5 installed. The simple workaround was to symlink the
needed file from the one I had and that seems to be working.
libintl.so.* is installed by gettext. I have no idea what the Real
Solution for this is, but I leave these workaround steps in the
archive in case anyone finds them useful .

--
Paul Beard
<http://paulbeard.no-ip.org/movabletype/>

Greener's Law:
	Never argue with a man who buys ink by the barrel.