Mozilla 1.5 errors [resolved?]

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Sun Nov 2 15:34:33 PST 2003

On Sun, Nov 02, 2003 at 02:02:31PM -0800, paul beard wrote:

> I ended up tracking down what port owned Xos.h
> [XFree86-4-libraries] and rebuilding/installing it. At that point,
> Mozilla would build and install just fine.
>
> However, it wouldn't run: it need libintl.so.4 and I have
> libintl.so.5 installed.

As you've discovered, your installed packages are inconsistent.  At
some point you updated the gettext port without rebuilding everything
that depends on it, so packages that were linked against the old
library (libintl.so.4) can no longer function because you removed it.

The fix is to rebuild everything that depends on gettext by doing e.g.
portupgrade -r gettext.

Kris