Dark lines on monitor

Joshua Oreman oremanj at webserver.get-linux.org
Tue May 27 18:26:29 PDT 2003

Hello -questions,

I've been using my monitor, an HP Pavillion M70, for about 2 years.
But just the other day, all of a sudden, gray lines started appearing on
lines containing black - the more black, the more gray on the *whole* line
across the monitor. It happens both on X and console (but on the console,
it's only really noticable when hiliting stuff). The funny thing is,
the same monitor works fine on another computer in Windows.

Can anyone shed some light on this? Maybe my video card is bust.

Thanks,
-- Josh