Dark lines on monitor

Dan Nelson dnelson at allantgroup.com
Tue May 27 19:08:56 PDT 2003

In the last episode (May 27), Joshua Oreman said:
> I've been using my monitor, an HP Pavillion M70, for about 2 years.
> But just the other day, all of a sudden, gray lines started appearing
> on lines containing black - the more black, the more gray on the
> *whole* line across the monitor. It happens both on X and console
> (but on the console, it's only really noticable when hiliting stuff).
> The funny thing is, the same monitor works fine on another computer
> in Windows.

.. also using the same resolution and refresh rate?

If you're using custom modelines, try dropping to a standard refresh
rate.  Or if your monitor and video card support DPMS, remove all
modelines from your config file, put option "dpms" in your Monitor
section, and let X determine a good refresh rate.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson at allantgroup.com