Syslog from external machine

Mark admin at asarian-host.net
Thu May 22 15:05:20 PDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andy Farkas" <andyf at speednet.com.au>
To: "Mark" <admin at asarian-host.net>
Cc: <freebsd-questions at freebsd.org>
Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2003 11:48 PM
Subject: Re: Syslog from external machine

> > If that is not possible, is there a way I can determine to what
> > syslog facility the router is logging? (like "mail.crit" or
> > something).
>
> I always run syslogd with -vv flag....
>
> ps. sorry about being terse - but thats what man pages are for...
> if you need more help after reading the man page, ask then...

Your terseness did not bother me. :) Though what I found was assuredly not
in "man syslogd", your suggestion to use the "-vv" flags was nonetheless
very helpful. :) Not only does it finally tell me what facility the router
uses, but it seems the router uses a special facility just to log DoS
attacks -- which is what I was primarily interested in anyway.

So, thanks!

- Mark