Dummynet/Traffic Shaping problem

abdul freebsd at citizensbankng.com
Tue May 20 08:58:36 PDT 2003

Hi all,
Sorry I am repeating this message again.
I am still coiled up in it.

IS IT POSSIBLE TO ENABLE A FASTER CONNECTION TO SOME SITES USED FOR OFFICIAL
DUTIES?

MY PROBLEM?
I have a 128kb Internet access which gets very slow during peak hours.
I want to reserve/dedicate a protion (say 64kb) of this link to to some urls
which we use for official duties (eg 193.114.79.76) OR limit general
Internet usage to just a portion (say 64kb), hence making the remainder
exclusively available for such official duties.

This is what I did:

ipfw pipe 10 config bw 64kbit/s queue 15kbytes
ipfw queue 10 config weight 60 pipe 10
ipfw queue 10 ip from any to 193.114.79.76

I did not notice any change.
Is this configuration okay for my problem? Or can anyone help me with a
better one?
How can I confirm if a configuration is working properly?

Thanks
Abdul