Dummynet/Traffic Shaping problem

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Tue May 20 15:19:08 PDT 2003

abdul wrote:
[ ... ]
> ipfw pipe 10 config bw 64kbit/s queue 15kbytes
> ipfw queue 10 config weight 60 pipe 10
> ipfw queue 10 ip from any to 193.114.79.76
>
> I did not notice any change.
> Is this configuration okay for my problem? Or can anyone help me with a
> better one?

You also need to configure a pipe and queue for the rest of the traffic
with its own BW limitation of 64k.  Something like:

ipfw pipe 20 config bw 64k
ipfw queue 20 config weight 10 pipe 20
ipfw queue 20 ip from any to any

Or you could instead use one pipe of BW 128, and add the two queues at
different weights, according to how much you want to favor one versus
the other.

-Chuck