FreeBSD and hardware support requests...

Anthony Howe achowe at snert.com
Thu May 1 12:01:57 PDT 2003

I've been saddled with a Highpoint RocketRAID 133 (IDE RAID) for my 2U
server (only one that would fit apparently). I want to install FreeBSD
5.0 on the machine, but the http://www.highpoint-tech.com/ support
pages only have precompile drivers upto 4.7 and open-source version
for Linux.

I've tried contacting Highpoint by email, but they won't answer. I was
hoping that FreeBSD as a group might be able to press them to release
their FreeBSD versions as open-source too.

Failing that, some directions to the relavent module writing
documentation would help so that I might consider porting the Linux
opern-source to FreeBSD.

--
Anthony C Howe                            +33 6 11 89 73 78
http://www.snert.com/     ICQ: 7116561      AIM: Sir Wumpus