Mitsubishi Diamond Touch keyboard problem

Greg 'groggy' Lehey grog at FreeBSD.org
Thu Mar 27 16:28:55 PST 2003

On Thursday, 27 March 2003 at 22:28:45 +1030, W. Sierke wrote:

> The best result of my search efforts was a vague reference that
> there "might be problems with keyboards with 'extra' keys such as
> power control keys" which this keyboard has. I was hoping someone
> might be able to point me at something a bit more definitive as to
> whether I can expect problems if I swap back to the Mitsubishi
> keyboard, which I would like to do.

This is probably a timing problem with the keyboard.  I had a couple
of these keyboards a year or two ago, and I didn't have any problems
at the time, but I've heard of others.  My keyboards didn't have power
control keys, though I'm pretty sure they're not the problem, but it
does indicate possible differences in the controller.

I'd suggest you try 4.8 or 5.0 and see if the problem persists.  You
can get ISOs from Jarrod Sayers <jarrod.sayers at staff.netlead.com.au>.

Greg