Problems making "ogle" and "libdvdread"

Peter Leftwich Hostmaster at Video2Video.Com
Wed Mar 26 05:11:07 PST 2003

On Sun, 23 Mar 2003, Stephen Hilton wrote:
> On Sat, 22 Mar 2003 22:34:21 -0800 (PST), Peter Leftwich <Hostmaster at Video2Video.Com> wrote:
> > Actually, switch the order of those.  I'm trying to make or put libdvdread
> > in the right place so when I run `./configure` in the ogle-0.9.0 directory
> > it won't keep complaining about libdvdread.  Can someone please comment?
> >
> > I emailed ports at FreeBSD.org asking for an ogle package but I don't know
> > where that request will go...  Thanks everybody, please CC replies to me.
> Peter, Have you tried using the ports/multimedia/ogle port ?
> it is working well for me on my 4.8RC box. Regards,
> Stephen Hilton
> nospam at hiltonbsd.com

Thank you for the idea and encouragement, but I remain "anti-ports."  I
don't see any good in a process whereby the user must download all in order
to, if he or she wishes at a later date, only install or "activate" a
handful of those applications.  Why work from the base of the pyramid to
the tip?  That's just my rant, sorry to burden you all.

--
Peter Leftwich
President & Founder, Video2Video Services