Problems making "ogle" and "libdvdread"

Martin Karlsson mk-freebsd at bredband.net
Wed Mar 26 05:22:13 PST 2003

* Peter Leftwich <Hostmaster at Video2Video.Com> [2003-03-26 00.10 -0500]:
[...snip]
> Thank you for the idea and encouragement, but I remain "anti-ports."  I
> don't see any good in a process whereby the user must download all in order
> to, if he or she wishes at a later date, only install or "activate" a
> handful of those applications.  Why work from the base of the pyramid to
> the tip?  That's just my rant, sorry to burden you all.

Hi.

You can make use of the ports collection without actually having it:
point a web browser to: URL:<http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi>

What I mean is that it can be useful to look at a port's Makefile (and
sometimes it's patches) and see e.g. what configure options the port of
the app in question uses.

Just a thought.

Best regards,
--