realtek 8139

Bill Campbell freebsd at celestial.com
Fri Jun 27 10:49:30 PDT 2003

On Fri, Jun 27, 2003 at 01:02:08PM +0100, Florin Betivoiu wrote:
>Hello,
>I have FreeBSD 4.8 Release. At one time I pulled out the network cable
>and I got this message:

>and it isn't. On the same sistem resides a windows which is not
>bothered by anything. What is wrong? What did I do? How can I undo it?
>Point me to the path of my salvation, please :) Thank you.

I can't say for sure about FreeBSD being a newbie myself, but Realtek NICs
have proven flakey at best on Linux systems and generally to be avoided.

We generally stick to Intel and 3COM NICs (there's a local PC recycler here
that usually has 3c905bs available for about $20 each and 3COM honors their
lifetime warranty if there are problems with them).

Bill
--
INTERNET:   bill at Celestial.COM  Bill Campbell; Celestial Software LLC

``The Income Tax has made more Liars out of American people than Golf has.''
    Will Rogers