realtek 8139

Florin Betivoiu flow_of_rhin at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 27 05:09:32 PDT 2003

Hello,
I have FreeBSD 4.8 Release. At one time I pulled out the network cable
and I got this message:

rl0: reset never completed

The system was doing something, not much, like pinging, I don't recall
exactly. After that, at the first boot, in dmesg I found this:

rl0: chip is is in D3 power mode -- setting to D0

Just that dmesg, no others, and with 'is' twice :). Now every ping I do,
results in:

sendto: host is down

and it isn't. On the same sistem resides a windows which is not
bothered by anything. What is wrong? What did I do? How can I undo it?
Point me to the path of my salvation, please :) Thank you.