Are there STABLE/CURRENT/RELEASE tags for ports?

chris corayer ccorayer at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 12 06:21:37 PDT 2003

You could try specifying a date in your cvsupfile.  This isn't exactly what
you are looking for but if you tried to update a port and find it no longer
works, you could then roll back the changes made with another cvsup for the
ports.  I have done this in the past but don't recall the exact syntax.  Try
man cvsup.  I would consider setting up another cvsup file for just this
purpose if you think it will happen often.  You could set the date to when
the new version came out, sort of a "release" date, or just increment it
until you get it to the point where you know it builds and go from there.

Hope this helps a little.

-Chris