undo a rm -rf

Antoine Jacoutot ajacoutot at lphp.org
Sun Jun 8 03:37:22 PDT 2003

> I just did a rm -rf and forgot the *.png portion that I wanted on it, lol,
2 years of using freebsd and I've never done anything this stupid.  Is there
a way to get my data back? Please respond to this email address.

Yes, wel I did this stupid thing to like a month ago or so.
I did get back a lot of files using a software called "The Coroner Toolkit".
You need plenty of space and time but it works for most of the files.
I don't remember the URL, but make a search on Google and you'll find the
software page.

Antoine