Updating several amchine behind a fireall?

stan stanb at panix.com
Fri Aug 1 07:36:15 PDT 2003

I find myself in the unfortunate position of supporting 10+ FreebSD machine
that live behind a _VERY_ restrictive firewall that I have no control over.
The only thing I can get through the firewall is http (using a FreebSD
machine with squid as a SOCKS proxy).

Over time these machine have gotten quite out of date, and I need to update
them. Any suggestions to how to do this? A cvsup mirror? If so, how can I
get it's files? Copying /usr/src from a laptop that I cvsup from home?

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin