Logging all messages but mail via syslog...

Sean Chittenden sean at chittenden.org
Mon Apr 28 10:46:07 PDT 2003

I have a dedicated syslog machine that I use to collect syslog
messages from all over the network.  Instead of splitting up the log
files manually, I'd like to have syslog do this for me.  Right now I'm
just using a normal *.* collection, but I'd like to filter out mail
from everything else.  I've tried every combination of:

!=mail.*
!=mail
!mail
!mail.*
!-mail
!-mail.*

With *.* before and after using either ; or , to separate the two.
This has to be possible... but what's the syntax?  Is this just a case
of ENOSLEEP and I'm missing it someplace in the man page?  -sc

--
Sean Chittenden