freebsd 4.7, 5.0, SMP and hyper-threading

george donnelly list at zettai.net
Wed Apr 16 10:04:47 PDT 2003

I'm reading up on SMP and I'm wondering about this:

I run an app that is threaded but is not specifically designed to take
advantage of SMP. Based on my readings about FreeBSD and SMP I think this
app can still take advantage of SMP because 2 threads can each access one of
the two CPU's at a given time.

Is this correct?

Also one on machine i'm running FreeBSD 4.7 with 2  XEON 2.0 processors. Is
hyper-threading enabled in this situation?

thanks!

(btw the app is Zope)

<-->
george donnelly - http://www.zettai.net/ - "We Love Newbies" :)
Zope Hosting - Dynamic Website Design - Search Engine Promotion
Yahoo, AIM: zettainet - MSN: zettainet at hotmail.com - ICQ: 51907738