Installer problems with 11.0-RC3

Roger Leigh rleigh at codelibre.net
Sat Sep 17 23:39:47 UTC 2016

Up until now, my G4 Mac Mini has been running 10.3-RELEASE.  Today, I
tried the 11.0-RC3 installer.  Two issues noted:

1) The colours in the installer are different than the PC installer.
The background is a mid brown with yellow text.  An issue with the
console framebuffer?

2) It won't boot after the installer finished.  It errors out while

     ofw_close devh=0x0

     >> FreeBSD/powerpc Open Firmware boot block
        Bootpath: /pcie at f4000000/ata-6 at d/disk at 0:
        Boot loader: /boot/loader

     Invalid memory access at %SRR0: 018011f0    %SRR1: 00003030

   and then drops to an interactive OF prompt.  Has anyone seen this before?

Regards,
Roger