Booting 11-stable problem on a G4 mac mini

Roger Leigh rleigh at codelibre.net
Sat Sep 17 14:22:44 UTC 2016

Hi folks,

I had a working 10.3 build from back in April.  I yesterday tried
building and booting 11.0-stable.  It built and installed fine, but has
problems booting.

   http://filebin.ca/2vOPzgQr4mEZ/IMG_4058.JPG

Basically it gets to

   gem0: 10kB RX addr......
   gem0: Ethernet address .......
   cryptosoft0: <software crypto> on nexus0

and then just stops and doesn't make any further visible progress.  I
left it a few hours in case it was generating keys or something but to
no effect.  I think it's spinning its wheels doing *something* because
the fan is on and it's putting some heat out, but I can't do much at
this point since the keyboard isn't even operable.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks,
Roger