Installer problems with 11.0-RC3

Justin Hibbits chmeeedalf at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 23:47:44 UTC 2016

On Sat, 17 Sep 2016 23:39:41 +0000
Roger Leigh <rleigh at codelibre.net> wrote:

> Up until now, my G4 Mac Mini has been running 10.3-RELEASE.  Today, I
> tried the 11.0-RC3 installer.  Two issues noted:
>
> 1) The colours in the installer are different than the PC installer.
> The background is a mid brown with yellow text.  An issue with the
> console framebuffer?
>
> 2) It won't boot after the installer finished.  It errors out while
>
>      ofw_close devh=0x0
>
>      >> FreeBSD/powerpc Open Firmware boot block
>         Bootpath: /pcie at f4000000/ata-6 at d/disk at 0:
>         Boot loader: /boot/loader
>
>      Invalid memory access at %SRR0: 018011f0    %SRR1: 00003030
>
>    and then drops to an interactive OF prompt.  Has anyone seen this
> before?
>

> Regards,
> Roger

Hi Roger,

I just fixed the second issue, which should be going into the next ISO
(RC4? Final? Not sure at this point), but the initial commit was to
head at r305894, and finally merged to 11.0 (by way of stable/11) in
r305904 if you're curious.

Regarding the framebuffer colors, I believe that's a known issue.  I
know I've run into it.  It may be video card specific (ATI vs NVidia),
but I'm not sure.

- Justin