databases/mongodb40 port proposal

Andrew Shevchuk dev.ashevchuk at gmail.com
Sat Mar 2 02:30:23 UTC 2019

> > Latest stable MongoDB (4.0.6) port proposal:
> > https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ashevchuk/mongodb40-freebsd-port/master/mongodb40.patch
> I just tried to apply it so I can do some tests but I'm unable to apply
> your patch.
> I tested it with:
> patch -i mongodb40.patch

First of all, please make sure you have the latest patch file.
You can apply this patch using one of the following examples:
===
/usr/bin/fetch -qo -
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ashevchuk/mongodb40-freebsd-port/master/mongodb40.patch
| patch -d /usr/ports
/usr/local/bin/curl -so -
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ashevchuk/mongodb40-freebsd-port/master/mongodb40.patch
| /usr/bin/patch -d /usr/ports
/usr/bin/patch -d /usr/ports -i mongodb40.patch
===
I just rechecked the patch to work with such an environment:
the patch utility version is "2.0-12u11",
latest svn version of the ports tree is "494358".
The patch is applied without any problems...

Alternatively, you can download and use a snapshot of the directory
without applying the patch itself:
https://github.com/ashevchuk/mongodb40-freebsd-port/tree/master/databases/mongodb40