WireGuard for FreeBSD

Chris H portmaster at BSDforge.com
Thu May 24 13:36:05 UTC 2018

On Thu, 24 May 2018 09:15:28 +0200 "Bernhard Fröhlich" <decke at freebsd.org> said

> On Thu, May 24, 2018 at 3:06 AM, Jason A. Donenfeld <Jason at zx2c4.com> wrote:
> > We now have a release, so the full instructions for the packages are:
> >
> > 1. wireguard-tools, providing wg(8) and wg-quick(8)
> > Runtime dependencies: bash, wireguard-go
> > Buildtime dependencies: gmake, c compiler, libc
> > Build: gmake -C src/tools WITH_WGQUICK=yes
> > Install: gmake -C src/tools PREFIX=/usr/local install
> >
> > 2. wireguard-go
> > Runtime dependencies: libc
> > Buildtime dependencies: gmake, go, dep
> > Build: gmake
> > Install: gmake PREFIX=/usr/local install
> >
> > I believe decke is already working on a port in his repository.
>
> Ports are already updated on github. I will do some final checks and
> expect to commit
> the wireguard ports to the official tree today.
I should have no trouble introducing Wireguard to the ports system today.
While I could have submitted it sooner. As the Maintainer of ~130 ports. It
is not entirely unusual to have pr(1)'s to deal with. Especially with the
introduction (updrade) of clang/llvm in $BASE to v.5, and now v.6.
Thanks for your understanding.

--Chris