mousepad memory leak

Guido Falsi mad at madpilot.net
Fri Jan 19 09:46:56 UTC 2018

On 01/19/2018 08:41, Erich Dollansky wrote:
> Hi,
>
> when I open more than nine or ten mousepads in parallel, I can still
> use one or two of the open windows but the other mousepad windows start
> to allocate memory until it is exhausted.

It's not easy to diagnose such a problem for people not knowing the
details of mousepad sources and the libraries it uses.

The people who are most able to help you are the XFCE guys (mousepad
being part of the xfce desktop). Is this issue FreeBSD specific? If not
you should definitely report this to the upstream developers.

I'll make a pair of tests in virtual machines to see what happens.

Can you confirm simple steps to reproduce as follows:

- Open 2 mousepad windows and open documents in them
- do some work in one or both
- wait, the leak happens in idle windows

have I correctly understood the problem?

--
Guido Falsi <mad at madpilot.net>