py27 ports always show "new version available"

Steve Kargl sgk at troutmask.apl.washington.edu
Sun Jan 7 19:07:39 UTC 2018

On Sun, Jan 07, 2018 at 04:23:08AM +0000, Tatsuki Makino wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Are your portmaster outputting the following message?
>
> make: "/usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk" line 1067: FLAVOR may not be
> passed empty as a make argument.
>
> When I tried portmaster -i cmake, portmaster always tries to update
> textproc/py-sphinx.

Yes, that's the message I was seeing.  With deve/flang, I was getting
the same message for py-enum34, too.  It was a comedy of errors.

here:
  portmaster -Byd devel/flang  ! Dies due to trying to upgrade py-enum34
  pkg delete py-enum34
  portmaster -Byd devel/flang  ! Installs py-enum34 and dies due to py-sphinx
  pkg delete py-sphinx
  goto here

  pkg delete py-enum34 py-sphinx
  portmaster -Byd devel/flang
  goto here.

pkg delete py-enum34 py-sphinx
cd devel/flang
make
make install
make clean

> It seems that it occurred because function iport_from_origin returned 1.
> I surveyed with grep -r -e textproc/py-sphinx --include '*/Makefile*'
> /usr/ports. textproc/py-sphinx, textproc/py-sphinx@${FLAVOR}, and
> textproc/py-sphinx@${PY_FLAVOR} are mixed in the variable of *_DEPENDS.
> cmake is textproc/py-sphinx.

I haven't the patiences to wade through ports/Mk.  I just accept the
fact that a decision was made that breaks in-place upgrading of ports.

--
Steve