using security/openssl in a port

Eugene Grosbein eugen at grosbein.net
Fri Jan 5 13:34:19 UTC 2018

05.01.2018 11:16, Matthew Luckie пишет:
> On 1/5/18 5:09 PM, Eugene Grosbein wrote:
>> On 05.01.2018 09:44, Matthew Luckie wrote:
>>
>>> My main worry is that I could not find a single port that apparently
>>> depends on security/openssl.  I'm worried that its more complicated than
>>> simply declaring a dependency on security/openssl on particular freebsd
>>> versions because other ports that use openssl might link against it
>>> without registering a dependency.  Is my worry misplaced?
>>
>> Why don't you read the Porter's Handbook? It has answers to all your questions:
>>
>> https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/uses-ssl.html
>
> I already said that I considered USES = ssl and that it didn't seem to
> address my concerns.  Can you please point me at a port that depends on
> OpenSSL from ports using USES = ssl (or whatever this page of the
> porters handbook is trying to tell me to do).

For example, net/vtun has this:

.include <bsd.port.pre.mk>

.if ${SSL_DEFAULT:Mopenssl-devel}
BROKEN=         Does not build with openssl-devel
.endif

.include <bsd.port.post.mk>

That is, it stops build if user has specified SSL_DEFAULT=openssl-devel.
You need to stop build if FreeBSD version is old and user has NOT specified
SSL_DEFAULT=openssl (instead of SSL_DEFAULT=base) to build your port with security/openssl.