svnlite barfing when updating from repo

Peter Beckman beckman at angryox.com
Sun Jun 4 17:11:13 UTC 2017

--> svn: E000013: Can't remove file '/usr/home/FreeBSD/source/ports/head/net-im/mastodon/files/patch-bin_yarn': Permission denied

If you cannot remove the file, then you do not have the "proper" permissions in that
directory -- not the top level, but at the leaf node
(.../net-im/mastodon/files/).

You need write permission on the immediate parent directory to remove a file.

One other possibility -- if the sticky bit is set on the parent directory,
ONLY the user that owns the file will be able to delete it.

Beckman