Issues with postmaster after freebsd-update

LuKreme kremels at kreme.com
Sat Feb 22 16:59:14 UTC 2014

On 21 Feb 2014, at 18:49 , Kevin Oberman <rkoberman at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 3:52 PM, LuKreme <kremels at kreme.com> wrote:
>

>> On Feb 21, 2014, at 6:55, Bryan Drewery <bdrewery at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> I don't think your upgrade to 8.4 is actually complete. posix_fallocate
>>> is in 8.4.
>>
>> How do I check? uname says its 8.4-RELEASE
>>

> How was the OS upgraded?
>
> If it was via freebsd-update,

Yes, it was.

> it looks like the first "install was done, but not the second one.

The process, as I recall, was to run freebsd-update install, reboot, do freebsd-update install again, reboot, then do postmaster -af, THEN freebsd-update install a third time.

<https://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/updating-upgrading-freebsdupdate.html>

I suppose it's possible I lost track and never did that second one (It's not likely, but it's *possible*). Should I just do it now, keeping in mind I've gotten a lot of ports reinstalled in the meantime?

Or is it best to start over and tell it to grab the 8.4-RELEASE again?

--
Thunder rolled...  It is said that the gods play games with the fates of
men. But what games, and why, and the identities of the actual pawns,