Issues with postmaster after freebsd-update

Kevin Oberman rkoberman at gmail.com
Sat Feb 22 01:49:16 UTC 2014

On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 3:52 PM, LuKreme <kremels at kreme.com> wrote:

> On Feb 21, 2014, at 6:55, Bryan Drewery <bdrewery at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
> >
> > I don't think your upgrade to 8.4 is actually complete. posix_fallocate
> > is in 8.4.
>
> How do I check? uname says its 8.4-RELEASE

How was the OS upgraded?

If it was via freebsd-update, it looks like the first "install was done,
but not the second one. If by a manual rebuild (make buildworld, make
buildkernel, make installkernel, etc, perhaps the installworld never
happened. This would leave userland and the kernel out of sync, but minor
upgrades often work fairly well under this condition.

--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer, Retired
E-mail: rkoberman at gmail.com