PATCH: Re: graphics/rawtherapee: r342622 crashes on HEAD

Rainer Hurling rhurlin at gwdg.de
Tue Feb 11 08:54:49 UTC 2014

Am 10.02.2014 23:24 (UTC+1) schrieb Matthias Andree:
> Am 10.02.2014 18:08, schrieb Erich Dollansky:
>
>> it depends obviously on factors we do not really know. I also have had
>> a working rawtherapee a few weeks ago. Just the last update of the
>> ports tree killed it again.
>
> Greetings,
>
> thanks to Waitman who debugged things over the weekend, we have a prime
> suspect, and that's an insufficient iconv() set on FreeBSD 10 and newer
> that for some users makes glib20 and glibmm together throw an exception
> when asked to convert UTF-8 to wchar_t that Rawtherapee does not catch
> nor report.  We may also have a solution, which I am asking you to test.

I also whish to thank Waitman for his debugging work :)

> *Can everyone who has rawtherapee crash on FreeBSD 10 or 11 please:*

I just tried RawTherapee after rebuilding devel/glib20 with the iconv
related patch, and it works flawlessly! Some small test with filters and
converting also seem to work.

This is on HEAD r261632 amd64. RawTherapee is build with gcc48 and
OpenMP support.

Once, if there is an official patch in the ports tree, is it recommended
to rebuild all dependencies of glib20?

> 1. download Koop's patch to glib20 from
>    <http://people.freebsd.org/~kwm/glib-iconv-hell.diff>
>
> 2. apply the patch, build and install glib20 with the patch
>
> 3. try *and report* if that fixes the rawtherapee crashes?

Many thanks to not give up with this issue! RawTherapee is a great raw
processor for both, amateurs and professionals. And it is one of that
great programs, we want to use on different platforms (including Windows).

Greetings,
Rainer