PATCH: Re: graphics/rawtherapee: r342622 crashes on HEAD

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Tue Feb 11 09:09:52 UTC 2014

(stripping Cc: list down a bit)

Am 11.02.2014 09:54, schrieb Rainer Hurling:

>> *Can everyone who has rawtherapee crash on FreeBSD 10 or 11 please:*
>
> I just tried RawTherapee after rebuilding devel/glib20 with the iconv
> related patch, and it works flawlessly! Some small test with filters and
> converting also seem to work.
>
> This is on HEAD r261632 amd64. RawTherapee is build with gcc48 and
> OpenMP support.
>
> Once, if there is an official patch in the ports tree, is it recommended
> to rebuild all dependencies of glib20?

Unless there will be other changes to glib20 outside the patch, that
would not be required.  The patch to glib20 does not change its ABI to
applications (its 'consumers', so to say), so just reinstalling glib20
so that it uses libiconv rather than libc for iconv*() functions would
suffice (and on FreeBSD 8.x and 9.x, glib20 always uses libiconv.)

>> 1. download Koop's patch to glib20 from
>>    <http://people.freebsd.org/~kwm/glib-iconv-hell.diff>
>>
>> 2. apply the patch, build and install glib20 with the patch
>>
>> 3. try *and report* if that fixes the rawtherapee crashes?
>
> Many thanks to not give up with this issue! RawTherapee is a great raw
> processor for both, amateurs and professionals. And it is one of that
> great programs, we want to use on different platforms (including Windows).

Unfortunately the code base is less sound than we would like for a
portable application.  I've read a few upstream crash issues and RT
seems a pig to debug.