+MANIFEST changed syntax in pkg 1.4?

Matthew Seaman matthew at FreeBSD.org
Mon Dec 22 12:31:49 UTC 2014

On 22/12/2014 02:43, Aristedes Maniatis wrote:
> Has the +MAINFEST file changed in sytnax from 1.3 to 1.4 and is now
> not yaml? I notice that the +MANIFEST files inside packages already
> built by the ports system look more like json in format. Where do I
> find documentation for the new format?

Yes, +MANIFEST is now generated using libucl -- which uses a JSON-like
format.  I believe the differences between libucl and JSON are pretty
minor (something about comment syntax IIRC) so if you convert your setup
to use JSON, it should work.

For more information about libucl, start here:

https://github.com/vstakhov/libucl

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--