+MANIFEST changed syntax in pkg 1.4?

Aristedes Maniatis ari at ish.com.au
Tue Dec 23 14:50:06 UTC 2014

>> On 22/12/2014 02:43, Aristedes Maniatis wrote:
>>
>> Has the +MAINFEST file changed in sytnax from 1.3 to 1.4 and is now not yaml? I notice that the +MANIFEST files inside packages already built by the ports system look more like json in format. Where do I find documentation for the new format?

> Matthew Seaman wrote:

> Yes, +MANIFEST is now generated using libucl -- which uses a JSON-like format. I believe the differences between libucl and JSON are pretty minor (something about comment syntax IIRC) so if you convert your setup to use JSON, it should work.
>
> For more information about libucl, start here:
>
> https://github.com/vstakhov/libucl

Thanks Matthew. Is there any documentation on the new format? I see nothing is updated in the only docs I can find:

https://wiki.freebsd.org/pkgng#Package_format

I guess I'm really not understanding pkgng... I've used FreeBSD since version 4 but this is the first time I've seen something in the core system so undocumented and with so many regressions compared to the previous tools. I really wish we could go back to pkg_

Thanks

Ari

--
Aristedes Maniatis