Ports marked IGNORE

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Thu Aug 14 18:40:26 UTC 2014

On Thu, 14 Aug 2014 08:35:07 -0700, Kevin Oberman stated:

>For several years I have been using evince for PDF display. It's MUCH
>lighter weight than Acrobat and works very well. It is poppler based and
>will probably pull in a LOT of Gnome stuff, so it is best if you already
>run Gnome, MATE, or have ports installed that have already pulled in the
>main Gnome2 libraries.

I am not all that interested in if it is light weight or not. I need a
program that can view and occasionally print PDF documents correctly. I have
Acrobat installed on my Windows machine, so if I need to do any heavy duty PDF
work, I just transfer the file to that machine. I just don't like to have to
use the Windows machine every time I just want to view or print a PDF
document located on my FreeBSD machine.

I will give your suggestion a perusal. Thanks!

--
Jerry