Ports marked IGNORE

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Thu Aug 14 18:58:02 UTC 2014

Am 14.08.2014 um 20:40 schrieb Jerry:
> On Thu, 14 Aug 2014 08:35:07 -0700, Kevin Oberman stated:
>
>> For several years I have been using evince for PDF display. It's MUCH
>> lighter weight than Acrobat and works very well. It is poppler based and
>> will probably pull in a LOT of Gnome stuff, so it is best if you already
>> run Gnome, MATE, or have ports installed that have already pulled in the
>> main Gnome2 libraries.
>
> I am not all that interested in if it is light weight or not. I need a
> program that can view and occasionally print PDF documents correctly. I have
> Acrobat installed on my Windows machine, so if I need to do any heavy duty PDF
> work, I just transfer the file to that machine. I just don't like to have to
> use the Windows machine every time I just want to view or print a PDF
> document located on my FreeBSD machine.
>
> I will give your suggestion a perusal. Thanks!

Easy to try are graphics/xpdf and print/gv,
a GTK+ (or perhaps GNOME)-related one is graphics/evince,
and KDE-related ones is graphics/okular.

There are also - but I haven't tried them:

graphics/epdfview
graphics/mupdf
print/qpdfview

I am oblivious to their exact options and requirements,
but I'm positive that you'll figure that out.