poudirere behave-alike for

Shane Ambler FreeBSD at ShaneWare.Biz
Mon Nov 25 07:35:19 UTC 2013

On 25/11/2013 11:45, Christopher J. Ruwe wrote:
> I think my question is slightly off-topic, but I think freebsd-ports@
> may be the best of many not so good fits:
>
> I need to build packages for Solaris and SmartOS. My first choice
> would be ports, which unfortunately are not very well suited to
> cross-building. Instead I use, as many people, pkgsrc.
>
> I would like to leverage pkgsrc with something like poudriere,
> especially as I have ZFS and zones in Solaris/SmartOS. I found in a
> message on the DragonFlyBSD list
> http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/mailarchive/users/2013-01/msg00008.html
> a mention of poudriere being used on DragonFly/pkgsrc.
>
> Does anybody know of the state of this piece of software? The git
> repos I can find on google are stale links. As etoilebsd is
> referenced in the mail from DragonFly, I chose to ask here first.

The freebsd ports tree at
http://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/head/ports-mgmt/poudriere/
shows poudriere source is downloaded from
http://fossil.etoilebsd.net/poudriere/tarball/

I think the best place to start would be the DPorts as it mentions they
needed to patch it to work on Dragonfly - those patches will highlight
the changes you need to make so should be the best start.