clive

Peter Jeremy peterjeremy at acm.org
Thu Dec 30 00:31:24 UTC 2010

On 2010-Dec-29 17:04:21 -0600, ajtiM <lumiwa at gmail.com> wrote:
>After last Update to 2.2.19 version, clive doesn't works anymore on my system:
>FreeBSD 8.1-RELEASE
>
>When I run it I got:
>> clive
>Can't locate version.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
>/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.9/BSDPAN /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.9/mach

I presume you are talking about ports/multimedia/clive since there's
another port named clive.

It works for me (with perl 5.10.1 and a fresh install of clive).
version.pm is part of the base perl install.  Is it possible you've
upgraded perl at some stage and not run perl-after-upgrade correctly?

I'd check:
1) 'pkg_info -g -a' doesn't report problems
2) PERL_VERSION in /etc/make.conf is correct
3) 'perl -V' output is correct.

If you can't track down the problem, you might need to reinstall
perl and all p5-* ports.

--
Peter Jeremy