Another VIA UniChrome/Chrome9 Driver

Robert Noland rnoland at FreeBSD.org
Tue Nov 11 21:22:49 PST 2008

On Tue, 2008-11-11 at 18:04 -0500, Robert Noland wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-11-11 at 16:00 -0500, Robert Noland wrote:
> > On Wed, 2008-11-12 at 04:21 +0800, Intron is my alias on the Internet
> > wrote:

> > > The mysterious phenomenon is produced with the port
> > > xf86-video-openchrome-0.2.903. Here is the log file:
> >
> > Ok, the more I dig into this, the more confused I get...  This driver is
> > not from via... It is open source, but not developed with xorg...  Give
> > me a few minutes to see how things look and maybe we can just make a
> > port from the source...
>
> Ok, I need more coffee... I have all the versions sorted out now... So
> your are using xf86-video-openchrome from ports...  It looks like there
> is an internal conflict about whether this chip is actually a P4M890 or
> a P4M900.  I'm not sure which way to go, so we will try the 890 first...
> Please try the following patch to the openchrome port.
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~rnoland/openchrome.patch

Ok, I spoke to a couple of the unichrome developers and my patch isn't
quite right, but it is close enough for you to test.  It seems that the
openchrome driver needs to match not only the chip id, but the card id
also.  It apparently needs this to know what ports to enable (panel,
crt).  Both your chip id and board were there, but not in the right
combination.  I have a proper patch for your board now, which has also
been committed to openchromes svn repo...

robert.